
I love this picture!

Lauren has started to reach for toys when she is on her tummy now. It's fun to watch her try to get to them.
We have been putting Lauren in her high chair every once and a while now. She likes to watch me cook while she's in it and she enjoys being with us at the table in the mornings while we drink our coffee and have breakfast. We had our parents over for dinner the other night and she even sat with us during dinner. She just played with some toys and hung out.
This was Lauren's first time in the Bumbo chair (thanks for letting us borrow it Meghan.) I guess she really liked it!
She fell asleep holding on to one of her toys while I was getting ready. She was having so much fun playing with her toys and then she passed out.We had an eye exam today and I am so happy to say that it went very well! We don't have to go back for 6 months unless she has any problems that we notice such as a lazy eye or crossed eyes. The doctor did another test today to check to see if she is near or farsighted at all and she is slightly nearsighted, but that is normal for her age, so she is right on track. She has vessels that have grown all the way to the edge of the retina (in both eyes) which is what we where hoping for. At her last few appointments, Lauren has not been happy and screamed almost the whole time. I don't blame her--they use retractors to hold her eyelids and have to manipulate her eyeball around. Today, she barely made a squeak the entire time.
Lauren is so aware of everything around her now. She's so fun to play with and have little conversations with. She is so vocal now and she makes it look like she wants to talk so bad! I know I will bawl like a baby when she says her first word.
She has been sleeping in her own crib and room since the beginning of November. It was a rough first couple of nights for all of us, but we all made it through. I think that we all sleep better now. On average, she sleeps about 9 hours per night. Of course she deviates sometimes, but I think we have a really great sleeper on our hands. She is such a good baby too. She really doesn't cry unless she is hungry or tired.
She is doing so well. I know I say it all of the time, but she truly is a miracle.
We go to the pediatrician tomorrow and I will post what her current weight is. All I know is that she is growing up sooooooo fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment